Working on behalf of a local authority, Aatom Recruitment are looking for two Planning Officers. They are seeking two Planning Officers in the planning applications team to manage a caseload of planning application, pre-application enquiries and appeals. This post would suit an experienced planner or a high quality graduate with a relevant degree (not necessarily in planning).
- To provide a high quality professional planning service in one or more of the core areas of work;
- Development Management
- Planning Enforcement
- Heritage and Design
- Meet legal and policy requirements and ensure that the Council's priorities are delivered effectively
- Deliver a high quality service in the most cost effective way.
Ensure the service delivered is transparent and accessible to customers
- Manage and progress a range of planning, enforcement and/or heritage pre-application enquiries, applications and appeals, liaising with the appropriate internal services and external bodies as appropriate.
- Manage workload to effectively meet or exceed national and corporate targets and objectives.
- To participate in the development in the development, formulation and revision of policy and guidance documents in respect of planning, enforcement and/or heritage matters as appropriate.
- Represent the Council on planning appeals at written representations, informal hearings and public inquiries on planning, enforcement and/or heritage matters when required and commensurate with grade.
- Represent the Council at court on planning, enforcement and/or heritage matters as required.
- Produce high quality reports and written advice.
- Attend and present reports to the Planning Committee, working groups and other public meetings as required
- Engage actively with all members of the local community, voluntary sector, business and specialist groups using appropriate techniques.
- Liaise with other teams or services within the Council to ensure that the Service's interests are protected and promoted.
- Deal effectively with correspondence, enquiries and complaints within the response times specified by the Council.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and skills of the post as may be directed.
PLEASE FORWARD CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION