Senior Audit Manager - London
About us and the role
TIAA is one of the largest specialist internal audit providers to the public sector in the UK. Our clients include some of the largest and most complex organisations in the country and they look to us to provide them with robust assurance on their internal control, governance and risk management arrangements. Due to a vacancy within the London team we are looking for an experienced and driven Senior Audit Manager to assist us in becoming the premier provider of Internal Audit services in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for a person who is already an experienced Senior Audit Manager or for someone who can demonstrate they have the requisite skills and drive to move up into this role.
As one of our Senior Audit Managers, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, overseeing the delivery of our services
- Managing a team of dedicated internal auditors
- Participating in delivering complex and high level internal audit reviews to assess robustness and effectiveness of the governance, risk and control arrangements.
- Ensuring that all audits are carried out in the agreed timescales and in accordance with our quality requirements
- Managing relationships with our clients
As a Senior Audit Managers, your skills and qualifications will include:
- CCAB / MIIA qualified with a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Experienced client manager able to co-ordinate delivery of our services.
- Experienced staff manager able to lead and develop a team of auditors.
- Experience in carrying out internal audit reviews with a minimum of direct supervision
- Strong analytical judgement and effective written communication skills
- Experience of using the microsoft office suite
- Full driving licence and prepared to travel as required to clients
- Knowledge and understanding in the application of PSIAS
- Being an enthusiastic internal audit professional who is a strong team player, flexible and has a genuine interest in assisting clients
The post holder must be eligible to live and work in the UK and may be expected to work anywhere within the geographical areas covered by the Company.
Where such areas are outside the geographical boundaries of the team (to which the post holder is allocated) then reasonable prior notice will given whenever possible.
Evening or weekend work may be necessary from time to time to complete the duties of the post in accordance with the needs of the business. Due to the geographically dispersed nature of our clients, from time to time it may also be necessary to stay away from home.
Remuneration and benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, which will be based upon your skills, experience and qualifications, a company can be provided for this position.
We provide 25 days paid leave plus the option to purchase up to an additional five days through our benefits scheme.
We are a growing business and progression is based upon skills, rather than time served, so there are real opportunities for rapid career development for the right candidate.
TIAA is an established employee-focussed company which places great emphasis on staff as well as client well-being. Further details on the company are available at www.tiaa.co.uk