Financial Controller - Real Estate
Financial Controller - Pan-European Real Estate - OUR CLIENT is an entrepreneurial and ambitious, specialist pan European real estate investor. As it continues to grow and take on new investors, they are looking to recruit an FC to add to their team.
THE ROLE: The successful accountant will assume responsibility for fund reporting and 'own' the numbers whilst conducting the following:
- Producing timely, accurate management accounts for each SPV and consolidating for the fund as a whole.
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, income statements and cashflow statements accordingly for SPVs.
- Managing the business cashflow and optimizing working capital requirements for each SPV.
- Liaising with external auditors to prepare statutory accounts.
- Managing relationships with account holding banks and reporting on covenants.
- Liaising with and preparing tax reporting (VAT, corporate) and liaising with tax consultants to structure vehicles and implement guidance.
- Managing budgets and forecasting.
- Managing own budgetary controls and cost management strategy.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with external company directors to manage the administration of group entities.
- Implementing, reviewing and improving financial processes and systems.
- Paying bills and organising accounts payable / receivables.
- Implementing drawdowns / capital statements.
- Assisting with portfolio management / returns analysis.
- Monitoring asset performance vs. underwriting.
THE PERSON: To apply, you will be an ACA qualified from a good accountancy firm (preference for Top 4) and ideally have graduated from a Russell Group / red brick university and in addition have at least 3-5 years in a real estate environment operating in a Fund Accountant / Financial Controller level role. You will possess excellent Excel skills - with Excel financial modelling courses being deemed a big plus, as would the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a collaborative, hard-working work ethic. You will be meticulous with a strong eye for detail and be competent in all aspects of reporting.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.