Animation Development Manager, Children’s TV, c£50,000 + bens
- A unique opportunity to lead the development of an exciting new children’s animation, based on a popular book series, and currently being developed for a TV series of 26 episodes.
- Joining an award winning, independent film production & brand building company, who are well known for creating rich and imaginative experiences for families worldwide.
- There will also be the opportunity to option new titles for future development, selecting the best IP to develop into additional TV and digital content.
- The new Animation Development Manager will work closely with highly regarded BAFTA winning Producers and the Directors of the business, to develop high quality TV animation.
- Developing animation projects, including scripts, visual design, animation technique and bible, to create a viable package for financing and production.
- Liaising with broadcasters and other key industry partners to assess suitability of projects for market.
- Liaising with agents, publishers, rights owners and others and be an ambassador for the company with them.
- Introducing new writers, directors and creators who can deliver projects for the development slate.· Working together with the Drama development producer to institute development admin systems to track scripts, projects, creator-contacts.
- A development manager with knowledge of the TV industry, and ideally strong understanding of the pre-school market with specific insights into this niche audience.
- In depth knowledge of the animation landscape, with a good network spanning creative talent, agents, and broadcasters.
- A passion for high quality children’s animation.
- Natural relationship builder with the ability to develop and maintain strong and beneficial partnerships.
- Strong creative instinct and a quality focused approach to development.
- Will suit someone who enjoys working autonomously, for a creative and entrepreneurially spirited enterprise.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to discuss the details further, please get in touch by sending your CV to Rachel Steele at Blue Forge.