Buyer required for wholesaler and manufacturer based in Swansea
Your new role
Managing all aspects of purchasing products and ingredients for resale and internal use. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company achieves the lowest possible cost prices in both monetary value, within the company agreed specification and to food safety standards.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate terms of purchase with existing and potential suppliers
- Manage and evaluate current and future costs to ensure the company operates at a competitive level
- Reduce costs through analysis, management and negotiation
- Collate reports on all overriding, claim back and associate discounts from suppliers
- Gathering product and market intelligence to aid supplier negotiation
- Advise the sales team on new products
- Create annual strategic purchasing plans
- Produce monthly reports to present at management meetings
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to £30k, dependent on experience, plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.