Digital Communications Executive
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading global financial services data provider as a Digital Communications Executive, based in London.
This business is the financial services industry's leading source of data and intelligence, with publications and research solutions covering private equity, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debt and natural resources.
The company has offices internationally but is also specialised enough to ensure that every employee makes a difference and an impact on the work that is being done.
The Digital Communications Executive will sit in the brand team in central London.
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Executive:
1. Targeted Email and Direct Mail Campaigns
- Building global email campaigns from conception to execution to create awareness and improve interest in the company's research, product launches and client communications, including copywriting, HTML design, list segmentation, A/B tests, tracking engagement.
- Analyzing engagement data from global campaigns and A/B tests to determine the effectiveness of marketing efforts and identify appropriate enhancements.
- Assisting with direct hard-copy mailing campaigns, including liaising with product managers to devise target groups, production and checking of mailing lists in excel, and planning and creation of letters, leaflets and other related tasks.
- Interrogating the CRM system for analysis to help target branding and global sales efforts.
- Liaising with other internal departments for input into marketing campaigns.
2. Website Maintenance and Development
- Keeping webpages up to date and collaborating with other teams to ensure content on website is engaging and relevant to readers whilst maximizing SEO.
- Creating new pages (using HTML coding where necessary), designing and monitoring ad spaces on the website (banners and boxes - using ad manager) with a strong brand-focus.
- Tracking website performance using Google Analytics
- Collaborating with IT for marketing-focused developments, including website development, internal systems for marketing use and special requests for new functionality.
3. Social Media
- Implementation of social media strategy, planning and posting feeds regularly, while carrying out analysis of performance and tracking social engagement.
4. Marketing Collateral
- Developing advertisements for use in the company's research reports/publications and external outlets, as well as product brochures and sales collateral (including content and design)
5. Tracking and Evaluation
- Measure and report marketing performance against goals. Track weekly/quarterly stats for email campaigns, social media and website, analyze engagement data across all marketing channels regularly to determine effectiveness of campaigns and identify enhancements.
Experience and Qualifications needed for the Digital Communications Executive role:
B2B experience preferred - financial services ideally although this is not essential
Experience in various marketing communication channels: email campaigns, social media, advertising, website, marketing collateral and others
Existing knowledge of the financial industry is a plus. An interest in, and willingness to develop knowledge of, the financial industry as well as in keeping up to date on the company's products, customers and market place is a must.
BA/BS in Marketing, Communication, Finance or related field is desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and CMS tools. Strong Excel skills are especially required, with ability to sort and analyze large amounts of data.
- Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail across all marketing channels.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative suite and HTML coding.
- Knowledge of website design and analysis, Google Analytics and SEO.
Communication and Collaboration Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure on several projects simultaneously across several marketing channels, as well as willingness to adapt to changing priorities in a positive and professional manner.
Up to £35,000 plus quarterly bonus and company benefits