Finance Officer - Income
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer - income for this exciting opportunity within this growing international charitable organisation.
The role will be accountable for the completeness and accuracy of income reporting by implementing and developing effective finance processes for restricted and unrestricted income. This will include the efficient completion of the month-end tasks but also delivering improvements where the team has identified areas of risk.
This role will work in a small team and report to the Senior Finance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that systems and processes for recognising income from the accounting system (sunsystems) are robust providing data accurately. Identify opportunities for improvement and work closely with the systems team on developing solutions
- Process the monthly download of income information from the fundraising database systems and post into the accounting system
- Identify and record restricted income and ensure receivable restricted income is received in a timely manner through regular liaison with fundraisers
- Maintain schedules to support debtor balances and monitor their ageing
- Monitor the income bank accounts throughout the month to ensure that income receipts have been accounted for
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation of other member balance sheet accounts and preparation of payment requests for reimbursement of costs
- Act as a Finance Services contact for income related queries within Finance and with other departments
- Support in the preparation of statutory and management accounts in line with accounting standards
- Provide support during internal and external audits
The successful candidate will be an AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA part qualified accountant with experience of working with in a similar income recognition or sales ledger environment. You must possess a keen interest and aptitude in the development of information systems, a working knowledge of sunsystems would provide a distinct advantage. It is essential that you can demonstrate a proven track record of reviewing processes that will enhance and improve efficiencies and business processes.
You must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships with the key personal across finance, systems and the IT teams.