Managing Quantity Surveyor
Managing Quantity Surveyor
Developer - Residential & Commercial - £0.5m - £15m - Managing Quantity Surveyor
An exceptional medium sized contractor that have been established for 30 years who specialise in delivering iconic high end residential developments are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who has been exposed to running residential projects. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects that are mainly going to be New Build or Refurbishment at some beautiful SW postcode locations with values up to £15m.
This organisation needs an enthusiastic, proactive and commercially minded project surveyor to bring experience of running multiple unit schemes to their team. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be based in the offices in Wimbledon and will need to visit sites mostly located in the SW postcodes of London or Homes Counties.
This Manging Quantity Surveyor should be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying you should have a minimum of 8 years' experience, working for a developer. Having excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be at ease dealing with both high net worth clients and sub-contractors and be able to establish working relationships with both.
Role: Managing Quantity Surveyor
The successful Managing Quantity Surveyor will be reporting directly to the Commercial Director and your duties are:
- Manage the other Project Surveyors, ensuring all company procedures are being adhered to whilst also running your own project.
- Set up and agree the implementation of new procedures if it is felt improvement in needed
- Work closely with the Contract Managers to deliver high quality product to budget and programme
- Maximising the gross margin on the Company's building contracts by working with the Contract Managers, accurately assessing costs during the delivery of the contract.
- Identifying inefficient spends and proposing new ways of eliminating these
- Justifying to and claiming from Clients all contractual payments due to the company
- Giving advice and undertaking value engineering if required
- Preparing and issuing tender packages to sub-contractors
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering sub-contractors.
- Collate and analyse sub-contractor tenders and, after consultation with the relevant Contract Manager, award the sub contracts
- Assess and cost variations to the contract on a regular basis and update the Variations Account
- Scrutinise and verify applications for payment from sub contracts. Issuing "pay less" notices in timely fashion if required.
- Construction related degree
- Multiple project experience
- Minimum 6 Years' experience
- Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS
- Track record of successful procurement
- Working knowledge of programming software
- Detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Project
- Valid Driving Licence
- Appropriate CSCS card
Location: South West London
Projects: New Build, Refurb
Sectors: Residential & Commercial
Values: £0.5m - £15m
- 20 Days Holiday (increases each year after first year of employment)
- Company Bonus'
- Private Healthcare
- Company Car/Mileage
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking at your career options, then please contact Sam Patuzzo at Brandon James.
Quantity Surveyor/Managing Quantity Surveyor/South West London/Residential/Developer