Transport Planner Development Planning
Job Title: Transport Planner
Salary: £22K - £30K
The successful candidate will assist in and manage the preparation of all aspects of our work and will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting transport planning projects. He or she will be a critical part of a very busy, commercially focused team which has an expanding workload and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that project delivery deadlines are met. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of Travel Plans and Transport Assessments, along with a good understanding of Transport Policy and Strategy. Experience in Development Control work, although not essential would be desirable. As part of the role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Local Authority Officers, Architects and Town Planners and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
1. Experience in transport development planning;
2. Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
3. A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
4. Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc.;
5. Experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
6. Experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development;
7. Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
8. A track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects;
9. A highly motivated individual and ideally a member of a relevant professional body;
10. The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
11. Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required; and
12. Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.