Non - Functional Tester
Non - Functional Tester required - Central London
This role will require travel, so you must be eligible to work in the UK and Europe. Work VISA's may be required for other countries.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Clear communication skills (You will have client contact)
- ISTQB Foundation qualification or above
- Previous exposure to managing Hybrid Cloud / Full Cloud Load generation environments
- Ability to travel to client site (when needed)
- Test consultancy background (preferable) or has experience working within the finance (Banking/Trading) or a digital bank industry.
- has worked on a number of projects related to web platforms.
- Background in a Non Functional Test Discipline
- Participate in SCRUM teams developing new features
- Conduct large scale benchmarks to measure the performance and scalability of our product features
- Develop and publish performance testing plan/strategy and reports
- Manage and maintain complex test labs
- Develop best practices for deploying our products and communicate these to our consultants or customers via best practice publications
- Measure and tune the performance of each release of our products
- Proactively search for and prototype performance improvements
- Analyse performance and recommend changes to complex SQL schema/infrastructure
- Support performance evaluations for new feature prototype development
- Evaluate or develop performance measurement and modelling tools
- Identify and effectively communicate technical issues and risks using appropriate methods including defect management systems
- Reporting to SCRUM teams and performance specialists for guidance on technical issues, task breakdown, estimation and progress of testing
- Working closely with Developers and Performance Specialists on a day-to-day basis, providing additional support in troubleshooting software issues related to performance
- Following established procedures and introducing new methods
- Researching new technologies and methodologies
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor degree in one of Computer Science with a 2:1, or equivalent Honours degree program. Minimum 4 years of experience in a performance role.
- Experience in enterprise software environment
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environment
- Good interpersonal skills - especially open and honest communications on progress and issues
- AWS (Amazon Wed Services), TLS, SSL
- Network topologies, configuration and monitoring/diagnosis
- Performance profiling and diagnostic skills (e.g. code profiling, SQL analysis)
- Understanding of key performance factors.
- Ability to manage complex projects through to completion.
- Monitoring multi-server performance, collating and analysing results to locate the root cause of bottlenecks
- Experience developing tools/harnesses to achieve required workloads
You must have:
- Understanding & configuration of Virtualization (e.g. AWS, VMWare ESX)
- Experiance in using Postgers and MySQL Database engines - (Administration, Monitoring/Profiling, Performance tuning including SQL query and stored procedure diagnostics)
- Understanding & configuration of Storage Systems (e.g. RAID, NAS, SAN, Centera)
- Prior experience of email technologies such as MIME, SMTP, Microsoft Exchange/MAPI, IBM Domino, or IMAP protocol
- Experience automating test environments
- Experience of code analysis & debugging tools (e.g. Linux debugger, AQTime, Visual Studio)
- Experience in Performance Load tools (e.g. WebLoad, Loadrunner, Blazemeter, Jmeter, HP StormRunner Performance Test Centre, etc)
Please note - This role may have direct reports depending on the size of the team.