Head of Pricing (General Insurance Products)
Head of Pricing (General Insurance)
Established provider of general insurance products to the consumer is recruiting a head of pricing to create and lead the pricing function within the Product team and to develop pricing models and capability across all core product areas.
As Head of Pricing key accountabilities will include:
- Set up, lead and manage the Pricing team
- Delivery of stretching profitability targets through optimisation of retail pricing across channels.
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with the senior team and third party partners.
- Identification and direction of innovative and compelling modelling techniques and the use of technology to support and enhance POMS commercial objectives
- Support and provide direction to cross-functional and cross-company teams.
A Head of Pricing your skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience of managing and leading a team of senior pricing managers and analysts
- Accountable for predictive model delivery
- Responsible for creating and developing retail pricing models to optimise profitability using data science techniques with price elasticity, claims propensity and expense models utilising big data wherever possible
- Develop data strategy for ongoing refreshment and optimization of models
- Detailed understanding of appropriate statistical techniques for multivariate modelling, and geographical classification
- Advance level knowledge of and experience in procuring pricing software
- Good understanding of data science techniques such as machine learning
- Excellent numerical mathematical skills.
- Financial / actuarial / insurance professional qualification
On offer is a basic c90k-100k, bonus, car allowance and benefits.