Do you want variety in your next Finance role. A small finance team in a well established company is looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team in East Sussex. This is a varied full time position reporting to the Financial Controller with normal working hours being 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. A competitive salary is being offered dependant on experience.
Duties will include but not limited to:
* Matching invoices to purchase order, processing and resolving queries
* Supplier statement reconciliations and weekly payment runs
* Manual / Proforma payment preparation
* Supplier relationship management, managing credit limits, negotiating credit terms
* Customer account maintenance, opening new accounts, credit limit reviews
* Sales invoicing
* Posting and allocation of customer receipts
* Daily processing of bank transactions
* Weekly bank reconciliations of several accounts
* Assisting the Financial Controller with cash flow reporting
* Management of payment schedule
* Accrued expenses schedule, journal and reconciliation
* Assist the Financial Controller with ongoing review and improvement of the accounting process.
* Other duties and projects assigned by the Financial Controller and General Manager.
This role would be ideal for someone with Purchase Ledger and Bank/Cash management experience. If you are able to multi-task, manage your own workload efficiently and have used Access and Excel previously, please get in contact.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.