Do you have a keen eye for detail?
Do you have a background in finance or accounts?
Have you got ambition and drive?
If yes, please read on.
Job Title Assistant Accountant / Accounts Assistant
Salary 18k - 24k subject to experience
About the Company
My client have been providing permanent build modular format, new schools and school expansions for a number of years exceeding the performance of traditional build with the speed of modular. While they have relationships with the surrounding local authorities of the Midlands, recent expansion in the manufacturing facilities is allowing growth into contracts across the UK.
To assist with the company's growth we have an opening for an Accounts Assistant. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience and will have the ambition and enthusiasm to join an expanding company.
AAT Accounting Qualification
Reporting to the Accounts Clerk and Commercial Director you will be required to perform the following tasks:-
- Checking supplier invoices including checking for duplication and ensuring total of invoices don't exceed purchase order values as advised by purchasing. Inputting of supplier invoices onto sage including nominal code and job reference.
- Reconciling supplier statements with Sage records to ensure payments are correct.
- Weekly filing of supplier invoices both awaiting payment and paid.
- Sending remittances to suppliers for payments made.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding payment dates for outstanding invoices.
- Produce weekly suppliers' payment schedule for management approval.
- Apportioning part payments to CIS suppliers and readjusting when full payments are made.
- Keep electronic and hard copies where required in relevant files.
- Invoicing on a weekly basis as directed.
- Emailing/posting of invoices to customer.
- Ensuring records are kept up to date for all customers invoicing.
- Update Sage with any relevant information in connection with customer communication, i.e. audit trail of conversations/emails etc.
- Keep electronic copies of all relevant information in relevant files.
- Credit control.
- Sending monthly statements of account.
- Weekly emails sent to customers for confirmation of payment dates.
- Telephone calls as necessary to customers to confirm payment dates.
- Supply of copy invoices and any other information that may be required in order to get invoices cleared for payment.
- Keep electronic and hard copies of all relevant information in relevant files.
- CIS statements - Produce and send CIS statements of account to relevant suppliers.
- Ensure that all CIS information is correct to ensure correct tax deductions.
- Filing of CIS statements together with CIS report.
- Keep electronic copies of all CIS statements in relevant files.