Insurance Accounts Technician
Our client, a sunday times top 20 company to work for, operating within the insurance space are looking to recruit an insurance technician to join the busy accounts team.
The main purpose of the role is to report on Gross Written Premium, Commission, Claims Paid and Outstanding Claims. the duties involved in this include:
- Collation of all base underwriting data from various sources.
- Preparation of data for other technical and regulatory expenses, to include XOL contracts, MIB returns, ABI Returns, FSCS, London Fire Brigade, broker profit shares etc.
- Assist in compiling insurance reconciliations associated with all of the companies various underwriting systems to ensure the integrity of information is maintained.
- Preparation and processing of all journals onto the Sage accounts system
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly statements for reinsurance contracts. (quota share and coinsurance)
- Maintenance of the monthly insurance accounts spreadsheets
- Raise payments & collect cash as required under the terms of all technical contracts and external regulatory bodies.
- Liaise directly to resolve any queries.
- Preparation of the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) returns for UK and Ireland.
- Coordinate submission of all data for tax returns in all other EEA countries.
- Work to investigate and resolve any issues. Liaise with other departments and other members of the finance department where this is required in order to achieve this.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all the company’s insurance applications and their interaction with the financial records.
- Ensure all process notes are maintained and continuously tested.
- Any ad-hoc duties as required by the Insurance Accounts Team Leader.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working an Accounts Technician (Desirable)
- Insurance Accounts Experience (Desirable)
- An understanding of premiums, claims paid & MIB (Desirable)
- AAT Qualified or equivalent - completed or studying.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptable and willing to learn.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Insurance Accounts Technician - Kent - Accountancy and Finance