Our client is looking for a Marketing Executive with specific experience within managing and running a website, email marketing campaigns, organising exhibitions, social media strategy and monitoring, who will support the Events Office Manager and Director in the strategic planning and day to day online and offline marketing of the business through designing, measuring and delivering marketing initiatives.
Our client is a charity, providing an extensive programme of meetings for doctors and other professional allied to medicine. The Society offers good benefits to staff and a friendly working environment.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Market Planning - Set annual marketing objectives and budget in line with the company's and Director’s objectives and write annual marketing plan and supporting content calendar to achieve this.
- Budgeting - Measure marketing performance across channels and analyse ROI of spend. Highlight areas for potential savings. Control marketing budget and ensure invoices are correctly processed.
- Market Research - Undertake regular analyses of market trends and competitors. Identify opportunities for growth and potential threats, and feedback to Manager.
- Client Research - Lead client research projects in order to develop understanding of our audiences, and feedback findings to Events team.
- Social Media - Maintain social media presence across agreed platforms and in line with overall annual strategy. Ensure social channels reflect current offers and news.
- Event Marketing - Provide assistance at shows where necessary and ensure all marketing collateral is up to date. Work with team to develop ways to increase stand engagement.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Degree in marketing 2:1 minimum
- Minimum 1 year post graduation marketing experience
- Exposure to the meetings and events industry would be beneficial
- Takes an active interest in new technologies and applying them to current situation.
- Persuasive team-worker and champion for sales team reporting, with a strong ability to support colleagues in enhancing marketing effectiveness.
- Creativity and willingness to be hands-on and experiment
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills, including proof-reading experience.
- Exceptional organisation skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Skilled in Microsoft desktop application, in particular Word and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign highly desirable.
- Office cover for 7.5 hours (plus 1/2 hour for lunch) between 8am to 6pm on a rota basis
If you think this role is for you then please send in your CV.
**DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WOULD BE CONTACTED**