Alexander Lloyd are delighted to be working with a corporate business, based in Crawley, once again. Our client is currently seeking a part qualified who is actively studying towards ACCA or CIMA (preferably CIMA) for a permanent Financial Analyst position.
This is a permanent position and will be working within a fast paced and high pressured environment in a friendly team of similar calibre to yourself. You will be working very closely with the Project Accounting team and providing all rounded management accounts including variance to budget and forecasting.
Some of your official responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Create, produce and maintain project level reporting.
* Providing variance analysis and rolling forecasts.
* Liaise with Project Accountant for in regards to updating project spend.
* Calculate and report on man day consumption.
* Track all project invoices ensuring adherence to contract.
* Ensure effective financial control of the programme.
* Escalate risk and provide business insight to the cost controller and project accountant.
* Work very closely with the Risk team to resolve any discrepancies.
The successful candidate will:
* Be part qualified in either ACCA or CIMA.
* Have experience of business partnering, liaising with senior members of staff and variance analysis.
* Be able to analyse data and draw appropriate conclusions.
* Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
* Understand the financial performance of business / Project and explain this to non-Financial audiences.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to quickly identify problems and come to resolutions.
* Able to understand, interpret and apply information.
* Motivated self-starter with a positive and proactive attitude to all challenges.
* Numerate, analytical with good attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
* Organised and able to manage own workload.
The benefits that come with this position include:
* Very generous study package.
* Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 (DOE)
* Generous pension scheme of maximum 7% employee and 14% employer.
* Very commercial and corporate business environment.
* Flexible working hours.
* Opportunity to learn and progress within the business.
* Parking near by or very accessible via bus.
* Free gym membership.
* Value vouchers.
* Work events paid by the company.
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
* Discretionary bonus.
* Season ticket scheme.
Please quote 40758 when calling Alexander Lloyd. This is only one of many vacancies we are handling. Alexander Lloyd Finance and Accountancy is the leading recruiter of part-qualified Accountants, Financial and Management Accountants, Financial Controllers, and Finance Directors across Surrey, Sussex, London and Kent.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website www.alexanderlloyd.co.uk for any other roles which may be of interest.