- Work with interesting tech like React.JS, Redux, Flux.
- Rapidly expanding team in amazing new offices.
- Friendly environment with team nights out, events, talks and meet-ups.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Ideally you’ll have at least some commercial experience with React but any other libraries will be a bonus too, particularly AngularJS.
- You’ll also need proven experience with RESTful API’s and unit testing. Any experience with test driven development will be a bonus.
- You’ll need an understanding of UX design principles and exposure to a variety of code management and deployment tools (JIRA, Git, TeamCity, Artefactory, etc.). Any work with Microservices and SPA architecture will be a big bonus.
- On the softer side, you’ll need strong communication abilities with both other technical and non-tech staff members.
- As a Lead, you’ll need experience of mentoring or training junior staff and the ability to help them grow their skills, as well as keeping everyone on track on a day to day basis.
You’ll be working on front-end code for exciting new projects within the digital delivery team. There’s a near 100% client satisfaction rate for the work already completed so a key part of your role will be ensuring that all code meets standards and helping to review all work. You’ll be working with the Scrum team, helping to create technical solutions to any issues that arise, as well as interacting with other teams across both digital and the wider business when necessary. As a Lead Engineer, you’ll also be helping to mentor and train junior members of staff. You’ll be making sure that the projects adhere to the agreed timescales and up to high quality standards but you will also be helping to strengthen the enjoyable development environment.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This team is going to grow substantially over the year and beyond and are really the ‘next big thing’ in Bristol and this is your chance to get in at the start. There will be plenty of opportunities for personal development, future progression and a highly competitive salary (£34-49K + bonus + bens). As mentioned, there’s a friendly and collaborative culture, with an emphasis on happy staff, this includes a fantastic benefits pot where you can tailor your own package. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! The company will look to sponsor and host events, talks and meetups that you’ll get to be part of. This new digital team will be kept away from any legacy work and will be focussed on exciting new, greenfield projects so you’ll never have a dull day!
Sound great? Send in your CV NOW to Jack or call in for a chat.