2017 marks an exciting period for techUK. Recent economic and political events present techUK with challenges and opportunities in equal measure and require a well-coordinated communications approach demonstrating the association’s growing relevance. This role offers a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PR Executive to develop wider technology industry understanding and expand media contacts, both personally and for the organisation as it cements its position as the go-to commentator on tech issues in the UK.
The PR Executive will manage a PR programme that successfully engages techUK’s core audiences, optimising the balance between the projection of techUK and the individual programme areas in support of its business objective, raising awareness and profile of the organisation as the UK’s leading voice on technology issues.
1. Contribute to the PR planning process through supporting the development of individual plans and consolidation into a single integrated PR plan, outlining key objectives and strategies together with activity schedule, budget and measurement criteria.
2. Work closely with programme heads and marketing function to develop concise, crisp, impactful and relevant PR campaigns aimed at techUK’s target audiences using appropriate channels.
3. Manage techUK’s on-line presence from editorial, design and functionality perspective, identifying opportunities for development and improvement incorporating appropriate measurement and analysis.
4. Support events and services teams in development and execution of PR campaigns to achieve objectives. Develop a mid-long term event PR calendar.
5. Coordinate relationships with media for all techUK programmes.
6. Identify and develop media and member collaboration and partnering opportunities to promote techUK brand and support programme/business objectives.
7. Ensure optimisation of internal processes for the commissioning of communications activity, setting appropriate service expectations and measure performance.
8. Play an active role in the development of the PR plan and measurement criteria going forward.
1. B2B PR experience at account executive level
2. Technology savvy with good understanding of digital communications
3. Demonstrable interest in the nature of techUK’s work
4. Demonstrable relationships and understanding of UK tech media
5. Diplomatic and collegiate in working style
6. Entrepreneurial and resourceful
7. Excellent writing skills.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in tech and/or corporate PR
- Either agency or in-house experience
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with or delivering wider marketing channels
- Existing network of relevant media contacts
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.