Job Title: IT Technician
Responsible to: Headteacher
KR 7 / KR8 (commensurate with experience)
School Mission Statement.
We accept all students as they are and believe that every one of them is entitled to the very best education, delivered in an environment that is supportive, caring and safe.
Our goal is to develop our students to become:
- Successful Learners.
- As independent as possible.
- Confident individuals and self-advocates.
- Effective communicators and contributors.
- Responsible citizens.
We will do this by working to ensure we get every aspect of their provision just right, helping them to achieve academically, personally, socially and morally.
Main Purpose of Job
To actively promote the mission of the school and the rights of young people as individuals by delivering a proactive and reactive service that includes the design, commission and implementation of ICT solutions with a focus on teaching and learning.
37 hours per week
Number of weeks - To be confirmed
24 days holiday + public holidays (holiday to be taken during school holidays)
Pay Scale: KR 7 / KR8 (commensurate with experience).
Staff who are new to the organisation will be appointed at the bottom of the grade unless there are exceptional circumstances based on business need in conjunction with the breadth and depth of skills and experience offered by the candidate.
Responsible to: Headteacher
Stone Bay School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hardware and Software Maintenance:
- Oversee and manage the installation and usage of new hardware and software and carry out upgrades as appropriate to ensure the correct version is in use at all times.
- Maintaining a current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Troubleshooting all technology issues. Repairing where possible or engaging competent contractors where necessary.
- Investigate and recommend new/improved hardware, software and teaching aids, to provide the most efficient systems and ensure value for money.
- Purchasing necessary ICT related consumables in liaison with the Headteacher / ICT Co-Ordinator.
- Ensuring that network hardware, cabling and wireless systems are maintained and repaired, as necessary.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and functioning correctly.
Maintaining the school’s ICT network and systems:
- Maintenance and management of networks on a day-to-day basis, to achieve a high level of availability and reliability to staff and students and the Governing Body.
- Providing support to users of the school’s Management Information System (SIMS) and other administrative software.
- Ensuring that internet connectivity is maintained with applicable filters in position and appropriately audited.
- Managing the implementation of the school’s Acceptable Use Agreement, Online Safety Acceptable Use, Data Protection etc. and raise awareness amongst staff and students.
- Carrying out regular housekeeping to ensure that fileserver storage is used effectively.
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are in place regarding the filtering and monitoring of students internet use and report any issues to the Headteacher / ICT Co -Ordinator.
- Maintenance of non-networked technology across the school, such as sensory room and soft play room.
- Providing strategic planning of maintenance and upgrades after school hours and during school holidays which may require lone working.
- Ensuring disruption to student activities due to technological issues is kept to a minimum.
- Maintain the structure of the Schools KLZ SharePoint and ensure permissions are applied and maintained appropriately.
- To offer technical support and help with compliance in the protection of school data and records.
Future planning and development of resources:
- Developing and promoting new ICT projects.
- To undertake available training opportunities and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development. To keep up-to-date of new developments in hardware and software.
- To ensure knowledge of educational technology including augmentative assistive technology is up to date.
- Meeting with Headteacher / ICT Co-Ordinator to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Negotiating with suppliers and preparing purchase requisitions and cost information for staff as required and directed.
Ensuring maximum access to Technology and Resources:
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to teachers, students and other members of staff on developing their use of ICT in school.
- Managing ICT software and hardware to maximise learning opportunities.
- To support administration staff in their use of technology to include workstations, printers, Multi-Function Devices and software systems either locally installed or externally hosted.
The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your job and, in addition, as a term of your employment you may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the school and the