Salary of £28,000 to £30,000 per annum
The main duties of the role will be to assist the Directors and Financial Controller in all aspects of Financial Control, Recording and Reporting within the Companies and ensure that Internal Policies and Statutory Legislation is adhered to at all times.
Key Accountabilities to include the below -
- Day to day management of the transactional requirements within Finance & Payroll
- Supervise & process Bank Statements daily to accounting system ensuring system reports are up to date by the end of each day and perform bank reconciliations
- Supervise & process store sales information and address any queries or missing information in a timely manner
- Supervise & process all purchase invoices received and monthly supplier statement reconciliations, resolving queries within one month and issue payment runs to FC & MD for approval.
- Weekly review of debtor & creditors ledger to ensure all in order and that no erroneous entries exist
- Raise monthly sales invoices if required within agreed timescales and assist in debtor collection to reduce bad debts. Issue statements to customers at period.
- Production of cash flow and daily headroom reporting.
- Assist with monthly reports for the Senior Management Team and Directors.
- Produce various analysis reports and assist with the KPI data and dashboards.
- Assist with monitoring cost reduction and sales analysis to aid sales growth.
- Produce, reconcile and submit the VAT returns within the required deadlines.
- Manage all aspects of the month end accounts including P&L analysis and reconciliation, Balance Sheet reconciliations and Cash Flow. Resolving any queries arising in the month end by the end of the following month. Production of reporting for review by FC.
- Manage the production of External Stakeholder reporting.
- Produce and reconcile the Intercompany accounts and bank transfers by 25th of the month and issue monthly statements to each subsidiary by the 1st of each month.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Registers and distribute verification reports twice yearly for checking
- Assist with budget preparation and forecasting.
- Monitor company performance and report on variances; actual v budget v forecast
- To assist with year-end audit preparation and assist the External Auditors and Tax Advisors as necessary.
- Collate data in order for the annual P11d submissions to be performed.
- Assist with managing the vehicle fleet in respect of financial and tax control.
- Assist with Payroll Processing as required and support any new projects in this area
- Assist FC with site audits and other financial administration
- Assists with the migration work of payroll and finance into the Cardiff Head Office
- Actively drives efficiencies within the payroll and accounting systems
The ideal candidate will -
- Robust in problem solving and is Independent when providing expert advice or solutions to finance related issues
- Credible experience in communication skills - Has the ability to adapt communication style to meet the need of the person and or situation
- Must be able to challenge the "accepted norm" in order to ensure that the correct ethical and moral decisions are made.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict situations
- Strong adaptability to pace and pressure points
- Ability to achieve all objectives within agreed timescales (job and finish)
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail. You will be able to use your own initiative to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and IT skills are essential - Including Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ad-Hoc projects as required (i.e. to assist in research and contribute to any review in finance/system processes)
- Must hold an accountancy qualification or be studying towards one or QBE (AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Must possess a minimum of 5 GCSE, O Levels including Mathematics & English Language
- Must be proficient in Microsoft excel to intermediate level (v-lookups, pivots, formulas)
- Should be a self-motivated individual and able to work on own initiative and able to work as part of a team when required. Should be able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be conscientious and efficient and able to produce a high standard of work.
- Must hold a full clean driving licence and be willing to travel if required.
- Experience of Management Accounts work preferred and gained in a high volume business.