Application Tester - Innovative software house, learn automation
- The perfect time to join a well-established but always expanding business.
- Opportunities to learn new skills & great future progression.
- Friendly, social atmosphere with a team that takes part in everything from pub trips to adventure days.
An Application Tester is being sought by a worldwide payment solutions provider, based here in Bristol. The business is a forerunner in their industry and they already work across dozens of countries. You’ll be joining an experienced and collaborative team, always looking to bring in new talent. There are plenty of opportunities here to learn new skills and improve the ones you already have! There is also an emphasis on providing staff at all levels the opportunity to progress through the business.
What experience you'll need
- You’ll need to have been working in a common development environment such as Visual Studio, Eclipse or NetBeans, amongst others.
- You’ll also be experienced with development languages such as C#, Java, PHP or similar.
- You will need experience using test management tools like HP-QC, Zephyr or similar and will have used ticket management tools such as Jira or Trac in a professional capacity.
- Some basic knowledge of automated testing will be needed.
- Ideally you’ll be capable of writing unit tests, have an understanding of standard SQL commands, have an understanding of Secure Programming Practices or have professional experience with version control in a multi-user environment.
This role will be mainly focussed around creating test cases (both manual and automated), execution of scripts and providing feedback to developers, as well as helping collaborate with other teams when necessary. The creation of test cases will revolve around product improvements, defect resolution and new development. You’ll be executing these test cases and making sure that all records are completed and stored safely. You’ll be helping developers prioritise identified issues and working out suitable timescales. You’ll also be learning new skills and keeping up to date with industry practices.
What you'll get in return for your talents
On top of a generous salary, you’ll receive 25 days holiday + bank holidays (+1 for each year of service, capping at 30), flexi time, private health insurance, pension scheme, a cycle to work scheme as well as other perks. You’ll be located in central Bristol in nice offices that will make coming into work each day enjoyable. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and progress through the business.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV NOW to Jack for immediate consideration!