Are you an experienced Category Manager? Do you have a track record of providing successful strategic sourcing? Do you have experience within a marketing or communications environment? If so, continue reading and apply today!
Our Client, a successful marketing and communications company is looking for an experience Category Manager to take responsibility for their Temporary Displays category.
Develop and deliver, in collaboration with senior management within Brand Deployment, a category strategy that will enable the business to reduce cost, improve efficiency and customer service, optimise opportunities for product and service innovation, remove risk and standardise ways of working across the entire CMS geography.
- Take accountability for Temporary Displays category
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to gather, manipulate and analyse information regarding spend, supply history etc (this will involve building a picture of how the business works with its suppliers across the category and developing a thorough understanding of where the costs, risks, opportunities down to sub-category level)
- Work with senior management to develop a thorough understanding of divisional strategy and its impact on the category
- Develop in association with key stakeholders and suppliers a strategy for the category that is innovative and will deliver break-through results (this will include assessing opportunities to develop supplier capability and take suppliers with divisions as they enter new markets)
- Continually engage with stakeholders across the business and develop and present powerful business plans
- Develop the capabilities of Category Management via the introduction of best practice procurement processes (this will include working with professional Strategic Sourcing colleagues to develop and communicate the new approach across the business)
- Lead and develop dispersed cross-functional teams; ensuring engagement, developing the capabilities of team members and ensuring objectives are achieved
- Interface with suppliers of complex services at the most senior level to promote totally new ways of working to ensure corporate growth plans and financial targets are met
- Graduate and CIPS or significant work based experience with a track record of development within a complex, project based blue chip environment or an organisation with strong Strategic sourcing credentials
- Proven experience of managing categories across multiple stakeholder groups and/or locations
- Excellent category management experience with thorough knowledge of a professional sourcing process models (category strategy development, tendering processes, negotiation planning, negotiation, supplier performance management, value engineering, e-procurement and P2P processes)
- Understanding of Temporary Display product and supplier range
- Experience of establishing and leading cross-functional teams within a complex "changing" environment - delivering to deadline, within budget
- Previous experience of delivering a step-change in sourcing; significant benefits in a totally new way
- Demonstrable evidence of making sense of complex data from range of sources taking into account total value chain (first second third tier suppliers customer interface etc)
- Excellent IT skills to include wide experience of word documents, Excel spread sheets (including pivot tables and charts) and PowerPoint
- High level of influencing through written and verbal mediums
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.