News Editor with Specialist Business B2B publication
A successful B2B publication is seeking a News Editor to join our central London-based editorial team to lead the editing of our flagship highly-specialist weekly business newspaper.
The successful candidate for this senior position will have the experience and skills to further enhance our coverage and improve the impact of the publication. Strong judgement of news, features and colour material is essential. Detailed knowledge of the global shipping industry is vital.
The candidate will need to have a clear vision of the role of a weekly business periodical in an increasingly digital world, and work closely with our online team to ensure subscribers receive a seamless package of shipping business news coverage. Strong people skills are essential.
• Manage and oversee the writing and editing of our flagship weekly newspaper.
• Help set the editorial agenda and organise story flow from a global network of staff correspondents.
• Work closely with the Production Desk to plan and deliver each edition on deadline.
• Take responsibility for final pages.
• Help manage staff attendance at industry events, travel and holidays.
• Ensure the weekly edition operates in close collaboration with the online news team to enhance digital delivery to our subscribers.
• Work closely with the Editor to ensure the smooth and efficient operation and development of the editorial team.
• Excellent news judgement and deep understanding of the global shipping business to generate the strongest file for our subscribers.
• A proven track record leading teams in a fast-moving news environment.
• A keen eye for detail, grammar and accuracy, with excellent editing skills.
• Detailed knowledge and strong reporting experience of the shipping and related industries worldwide
• A strong sense of the role of a news-driven weekly and how that interacts with rolling news online and social media.
• Strong people skills to ensure high performance across the team and enhance our culture.
• Experience managing or working in a global news environment with colleagues spead worldwide.
• Robust understanding of the law, shipping law and an up-to-date knowledge of journalism law.
• Advanced digital skills and understanding of how to use digital tools to enhance reader experience and loyalty.
• Experience with multi-media, including video and audio, an advantage.
• Ability to work fast and accurately under pressure.
A competitive salary package is available in line with skills and experience
Applications will close on 11 July 2017.