Tender Planner / Programmer
Our client is a multi-disciplined construction firm working within the Civil, Highways, Construction and Rail Sectors.
They are now recruiting for a Tender Planner/Programmer to be based in Ashford.
Job Purpose -
To source, collate, write and win high value new and retained Construction and Civil Engineering tender submissions. To professionally tailor the tenders to the requirements of each individual client by use of extensive market intelligence research, liaison with internal and external key stakeholders and project managing bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressurised deadline driven environment.
Key Duties/Responsibilities -
- Responsible for ensuring primarily that programmes for tenders are submitted consistently ahead of the deadlines set by the tendering authority or body.
- To develop a knowledge base of the company that is second to none, with an ability to produce bids on all company services and works.
- To objectively appraise tender submissions, to add and edit information as necessary in order to structure an effective response.
- To assist the Technical Design Engineer plan key stages of individual tender projects and allocate appropriate deadlines with follow ups to ensure these deadlines are adhered to both within and outside the Technical department.
- Gather technical data from internal divisions and operational teams such as Site Managers, Finance and Commercial and interpreting this into layman’s terms in order to construct compelling and readable text, ensuring that a visionary and bespoke solution is offered to the client (Case Studies)
- To provide technical and commercial programming skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions.
- To think laterally and contribute relevant ideas for developing tender submissions to the company’s advantage e.g. creating sales focussed literature from sound market research in order to accurately portray the company’s strengths over its competitors.
- To create and maintain an effective and constantly evolving reference library. Assist in updating spreadsheets, databases and company records and to produce reports on workload and achieved goals for both the team and for the Board of Directors when required.
- In conjunction with the Technical Design Manager follow relevant procedures following the notice of tender award/loss to include information and market intelligence gathering via creation of debrief requests.
- An ability to chair and take minutes at Tender Bid Meetings when required , as well as ensuring accurate up to date records are kept of all action points.
- The post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may be reasonable expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Additional Key Duties -
- Carry out site visits as required. Complete visit survey reports and compilation of photographs etc.
- Attend post-tender interviews when required. Assist in preparation of PowerPoint presentation for the same.
Knowledge, Training, Experience & Skills required to do the job -
- Educated to GCSE standard in English and Maths.
- HNC or equivalent in a Construction related subject.
- Experience in the use of Asta, Project Commander, MS Project, Primavera or similar.
- Practicable site experience is not necessary, but could be advantageous.
- Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
- To create professional documentation to a very high standard, with particular focus on accuracy and care - spelling and grammar need to be of a particularly high standard, combined with confident mathematical skills.
- The post requires the written portrayal of the company to the highest professional standard.
A full job description is available on application
MJ Recruitment Solutions regret that only successful applicants will be responded to.