ALL STAFF ON DUTY
12JD Registered Nurse (1st & 2nd level).wps/May 2002/2
As agreed in letter of appointment with flexibility to adapt to meet the requirements of the post and needs of the organisation
PURPOSE OF THE POST
The registered Nurse will support and enable individuals to lead as independent a life as possible offering service users opportunities for personal growth and development. Work will be carried out at a high level within established procedure covering a diverse range of functions. The post holder will be expected to work under their own initiative, motivation and direction working closely with and providing support to the Care Manager.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL FORM PART OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POST AS TITLED ABOVE.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- To understand and comply with the requirements of the post held.
- To assist in the orientation and induction of new staff to the facility.
- To ensure all staff, within a team, have an understanding of and compliance with the philosophy of care as adopted by the organisation and facility implementing policies, procedures and guidelines in working practice.
- Have knowledge of and adhere to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To have knowledge of and be able to facilitate the implementation of emergency contingency plans if required.
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate record keeping with regard to all aspects of activity within the facility.
- To ensure the safe administration of medicines in accordance with the Code of Practice adopted by Abbotsford and the NMC.
- To ensure the correct procedures are followed for the recording and reporting of all accident and incidents involving visitors, staff and or residents.
- To ensure that all temporary absences and deaths of residents are reported in accordance with policy and procedure.
- To ensure all complaints are recorded and reported to the Abbotsford management as detailed in the complaints procedure.
- To attend meetings, on behalf of the care manager, as requires by the organisation, providing a written report of the discussion for the service manger.
- To be committed to the named nurse/key worker concept of care delivery promoting health education at every opportunity with relatives and visitors.
- Adhere to the duty roster as posted, working with the care manger to ensure adequate staff cover in consideration of holiday, study and sickness absences and the effective planning of workload in consideration of the total manpower resources.
- To ensure practices and procedures are carried out in accordance with the guide-lines of the organisation offering teaching and learning opportunities where appropriate.
- To participate in regular staff meetings to discuss principles of practice and standards of service delivery the care manager, in
- To maximise the commitment and contribution of all staff towards an efficient and effective and harmonious environment.
- To be aware and adhere to the policy for confidentiality of information relating to clients, their families and fellow colleagues.
- To ensure the safe care of residents property.
- To be involved in the review of services to residents within the facility.
- To undertake the performance appraisal of care assistants within the working team.
- To establish and promote good communication among all staff providing system for the sharing of information.
- To assist the Care Manager in gathering information for investigation purposes prior to disciplinary procedures being instigated or following complaints.
- To establish and promote good communication among all staff providing effective system for the sharing of information.
- To participate in and promote at all times a flexible approach to service delivery which meets the needs of the resident.
- To provide the residents with a warm, homely environment.
- To participate in establishing and maintaining good communication between the resident, their family and other visiting professionals ensuring all parties are kept informed as to the well being of the resident and any relevant changes to the care plan for that resident.
- To ensure the establishment and review of individualised care plans in accordance with Abbotsford guide-lines.
- To ensure all resident receive an appropriate diet which takes into consideration likes, dislikes and abilities to eat and drink.
- To ensure a programme of activities is available and incorporated into the care plan for each individual resident which offers stimulus, enjoyment, social integration and participation.
- To assist with, as required, all aspects of personal care e.g. dressing, washing, bathing, toileting, eating etc.
- To provide companionship and friendship arranging for an escort and or driver, for the resident going to activities and appointments, health, social or educational, as the need arises.
- To ensure household tasks such as washing, ironing, housework and cooking etc. are adequately provided to meet the needs of the individual.
- To be sensitive to the individual needs of the resident and where ever possible offer choices and provide opportunities for self advocacy and decision making.