Data Scientist - 2 year Fixed Contract - London - Competitive Salary
I am working with a client based in London who is seeking a number of Data Scientists to join their team. The successful candidates will work within multi-disciplinary delivery teams both in the UK and internationally. They will design, build and improve new and existing digital products and platforms that have been developed.
*This role is a 2 year fixed term contract*
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Deliver research projects in one or more of the core Data Science Campus themes, the evolving economy, urban & rural, society, sustainability, and the UK in a global context. These projects are intended to push the boundaries of data science or introduce new applications to deliver answers or technique which can then be applied to answer key questions in future.
- Work with external bodies such as industry partners, academia and charities, as well as within government.
Essential Skills and Experience
You will be asked to supply evidence of meeting these competencies when you apply.
- Numerical education with working knowledge of mathematics and statistics e.g. data science, computer science, geospatial science, mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering or related technical subject.
- A higher degree (MSc or PhD) in a related subject is desirable
- Basic programming ability (preferably R, Python or other data analysis relevant language(s), although others will be considered).
- Data analytics - such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, statistical modelling, pattern recognition, supervised and un-supervised learning, data mining, predictive analysis and natural language processing (NLP).
- Data management/curation - such as the manipulation and analysis of complex, high volume and high dimensionality data, data modelling (including semantic technologies), relational and non-relational databases, cloud storage and data management, interoperability and standardisation for data, metadata management.
- Data engineering - such as the design of algorithms, implementation of big data solutions, multi-core/distributed processing, SQL and noSQL database systems, statistical analysis languages and tooling.
- Story-telling and data visualisation
- Scientific research methods.
- Systems engineering
There is a flexible working scheme available, and the standard working week will evolve around 32 hours minimum. To apply, please send an up to date CV to Aoife .