Product Information Executive
Our client was founded in 1972. We are the leading consumer electronics specialist with 217 retail stores across UK and Ireland. We also operate an extensive online, telephone, and mail-order sales service. Our client has a huge range of over 15,000 products with over 800 different categories of technology. Their products include cables, security, DJ equipment, components, in-car, audio & video, power, tools, test & measurement, toys and computing & office accessories.
To maintain and develop the product information in the designated categories. To support workflow management and strategic roadmap activity alongside functional head. Work closely with commercial team to ensure work delivered on time and to the required standard, and that all opportunities are explored to deliver better proposition for our customers.
- Own the set-up of new products within the new Product Info Management system (PIM)
- Implement product data and content change requests within the PIM
- Data and content will cover:-
- Customer facing product data for display on web/mobile, marketplaces; tickets; leaflet; Posters; colleague facing systems etc.
- Product attributes
- Non customer facing 'master data' used to manage a product's journey through the business
- Marketplace specific data requirements
- Packaging information
- User manuals/guides
- Data could include information keyed by our clients own colleagues or, where appropriate, data sourced from 3rd parties
- Ensuring all required data and content information has been created / input to the agreed SLAs
- Manage the overall product creation process from receipt of new product form to completed product sign off
- Efficient and effective communication with own team, central and field teams
- Support the Head of function in developing the strategies to improve the quality of data, and the operating model within the business
- Represent the PIM team within the commercial trading and operating meetings, and act as a champion for the department
- Deputise in the absence of the Head of PIM team, and take accountability for decision making should the need arise.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Good knowledge of Our clients product ranges
- Motivated by the opportunity to help shape this function
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills
- The ability to juggle multiple and conflicting priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Diligent and tenacious with a drive to 'get the job done'
- Ability to manage change and the capacity to work flexibly