Accounts Assistant job opportunity with a property business in north London paying circa £25k
Your new company
You will be working for a successful property management business based near Hampstead in north London. A well established business that has been running for over 20 years and has secured multiple long term contracts which make for a stable business. They have multiple revenue streams and approximately 400 staff in the UK.
Your new role
You will be working as the Accounts Assistant for the business using Sage line 50. Reporting in to the Finance Controller and Director as well as liaising with the Management Accountant in a team of 10. Duties will include:
- Reconciling the cash collected across our many sites from our collection companies and our bank.
- Preparing client statements recording share of cash collections
- Recording cash onto sage
- Recording other bank transactions into sage
- Bank reconciliations
- Recording sales invoices into Sage
- Possible assisting with aged debt management and debt chasing as required
- Preparation of monthly sales figures
- Detailed Analysis and reporting work
- Full accounting function for small entity including preparation of management accounts (training will be given to get to this level)
- VAT reporting
- Monthly management accounting tasks to include prepayments and accruals for large entity
What you'll need to succeed
You must have at least 2 years experience in a similar role and it will be a bonus if you have used Sage system. Ideally you will be available at short notice but the business will still consider good people on notice. Ideally you will have completed or be studying the AAT.
The client will consider two profiles for this role:
- Someone more junior with around 2 years experience behind them studying the AAT and this will pay up to £25k
- A more experienced Bookkeeper that has 6+ years experience in a similar role and then the role will pay up to £28k
You must be flexible, hardworking and trustworthy with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You should have a helpful attitude with the willingness to get stuck in to anything thrown at you.
What you'll get in return
You will join a very stable and successful business offering a broad role with a variety of duties with the opportunity to take on more over time. It is a very supportive and friendly team and they offer flexible working hours. Please be aware there is also an office dog.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.