Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am -5.30pm
Occasional extra hours may be required to support month end deadlines.
Reports to: UK Finance Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is looking for a proactive and ambitious Management Accountant. The management accountant will be responsible for supporting the UK Finance Manager with duties that include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Management of sales and purchase ledgers
- Credit management and credit control
- Undertake monthly variance analysis
- Preparing monthly journals and supporting working papers (accruals, prepayments, depreciation, payroll)
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts ensuring any errors are identified and rectified in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and re forecasts
- Assist with cash flow forecasts
- Preparing the quarterly VAT returns
- Management of intercompany transactions
- Assist with annual UK statutory and group audit in preparing audit schedules and liaising with auditors
- Support miscellaneous project work/ad-hoc reporting and provide general assistance to the Finance Department and leadership team as necessary
The ideal candidate is a bright and driven individual with solid accounting experience.
You will be passionate about building a career in a high performing subsidiary of an international consulting group. You must be an excellent communicator and be comfortable working with senior and director-level stakeholders. The ability to confidently work both independently and collaboratively is a must, along with high levels of attention to detail and excellent written English.
- Solid experience in accounting.
- Finalist or fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Strong Microsoft excel skills.
- Experience of using Sage 50 Accounts or a similar financial software package.
- Good communication skills for both external clients and internal colleagues
- High standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Comfortable working with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Motivated 'self-starter' and a hard worker.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Diligent and methodical.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.