Audit and Accounts Assistant Manager or Manager
Our client is an established accountancy practice devoted to providing a solution-driven comprehensive service to clients.
About Our Client
The firm has an enviable client base that ranges from start-up businesses to major entities with complex affairs and assets in excess of £50m. Clients come from a wide range of industry sectors including property, professional services, service industries and natural resources.
Due to continual growth, they are now seeking an additional qualified manager to join their team. As a reflection of their growth they are confident that they can offer the right individual rapid career progression.
About The Role
Based near Guildford and with a client base located predominately in the South East and London duties within this role will entail:
- Working closely with clients and the team to ensure an effective provision of accountancy and advisory services.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and the accounting team (along with) other managers) to ensure an efficient delivery of services.
- Planning, budgeting and review of audits for a range of clients.
- Review of accounts for statutory, management and ad hoc requirements and undertaking more complex work yourself.
- Identifying potential areas of cost saving or improvements for the client and supporting the partners in advisory work such as acquisitions, raising finance or restructuring.
- Supervising and mentoring junior team members, involvement in recruitment, assessment days and appraisals.
- Supporting partners in marketing and networking for the firm and building professional relationships with banking and legal contacts and the wider business community.
In addition to excellent promotional prospects this role offers a 'Top 10’ equivalent salary, cohesive team environment and the opportunity to work closely with clients.
Things You Should Know
Commutable from Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bournemouth, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)