Junior Electrical Contracts Manager
Your new company
With over 70 years my client consistently provided a high quality service to long term clients, initially via the Department of the Environment, Ministry of Public Buildings, Palaces, Private Property and Museums carrying out a wide range of work within measured term contacts and project installation work
Your new role
- Further developing the company's electrical service delivery with new energy and ideas.
- To have excellent and personable communication skills.
- Work closely with company's Directors, senior managers and contract managers and engineers, to carry out all aspects of estimating and running electrical projects, jobs and contracts. The latter includes estimating and all aspects of project management for the project lifetime.
- Achieve profit levels for the electrical department set for the financial year.
- Achieve project / job pre-determined levels of profit , to be agreed prior to start of project in ac accordance with QA and Project Cost Report.
- Maximising profit on all projects via value engineering and variation.
- To negotiate contracts and projects for existing and new clients with the directors.
- Be fully aware of design liability and "design dump" and agree protection measures with directors prior to order acceptance. We normally involve our design consultants at an early time subject to price negotiation.
- Ensure clients are regularly met and spoken with, to gauge performance feedback, ensuring tasks are completed, emails and phone calls are responded to and advise directors early on opportunities and problems / issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Carry out all necessary electrical estimating as required and submit schedules to directors prior to submission for discussion / finalisation of price.
- Agree pre-determined levels of profit for all projects via agreement of Labour, Materials, Subcontractors, Prelims and sundry items.
- Manage all aspects of projects from inception to final account and end of defects.
- Carry out value engineering at outset of project to maximise profit.
- Agree all sub contract prices with Directors / senior managers and prepare subcontract agreements for purchase department instruction.
- Prepare materials lists for purchase department.
- Agree and submit project valuation accounts to finance
- Manage and oversee variation accounts.
- Manage projects from inception to final account.
- Diplomatic / helpful / positive can do attitude to all manner of challenges and problem solving, working as a team player in open communication with clients, managers and directors.
- Generally IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, MS project and working knowledge of autocad.
- General awareness of contract law and form of contract noting to request company surveyor involvement as and when required.
- Submitted qualifications are to the industry standard and as discussed at interview you have a long and experienced career history in the industry and qualified to carry out all requirements of this employment contract.
- Self-motivated and can carry out all tasks detailed within this employment contract yourself.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.