VP, Operational Risk - Global Markets
An excellent opportunity has arisen at a leading bank that has excellent work life balance for a VP level Operational Risk professional who has traded products experience.
The team are responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of Operational Risks within the business area's. You'll be responsible for working with the business to facilitate the implementation the Operational Risk Framework and ensure sound operational risk management across various divisions.
Some of the responsibilities within the role will include but not limited to:
- Acting as the Operational Risk SME and ensuring the Operational Risk Framework is consistently maintained and developed.
- Building excellent relationships with the various stakeholders within the business, ensuring best practice and on ongoing monitoring of the operational risk profile against the stated appetite.
- Management and Oversight of the 1st line of defence and reviewing the RCSA's to ensure they provide an accurate view of the Operational Risk exposure.
- Carrying out deep dive investigations to gain assurance on current and emerging issues
- Play an active part in Business Initiative acceptance process for all business lines
- Review the Key Risk Indicators produced by the business. Ensure that appropriate KRI are being used and thresholds are relevant.
- Coordinate the completion of Operational Risk scenarios as required by the Scenario Programme.
- Be heavily involved with regulatory mandates affecting the business area such as ICAAP.
It is essential that you have relevant senior level Operational Risk experience and an excellent understanding of traded products. In return they are offering a starting salary ranging between £75,000 - £85,000 dependent upon experience plus excellent bonus potential.