Press Officer Charity
Press Officer (Charity)
Circa £34,000 per annum
Career Moves are working with a well-known and highly regarded Charity to source a Press Officer. The press officer will initiate, plan, co-ordinate, respond to, provide advice on and implement a range of PR and media activities to achieve Corporate Communications' objective to secure maximum public awareness in support of their work.
- Identify opportunities and set clearly agreed targets and objectives with the PR Manager.
- Identify and source consultancies to help deliver these programmes where appropriate, managing them to ensure that communications objectives are delivered and monitoring costs and performance against agreed targets.
- Identify key opportunities, gaining buy in and support.
- Assisting in the preparation, delivery and reporting of key performance indicators against the Corporate Communications' five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Research, develop and co-ordinate media campaigns. Write and edit press releases; articles for in-house and external publications, creating speeches and items for the organisation's website and intranet. Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organisations and speaking in public at presentations, press conferences or in media interviews.
- Maintain a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision-makers, partner organisations and media assets.
- Provide event management assistance in support of public relations, fundraising, membership, campaigning and welfare objectives; including guest and volunteer logistics and support, supplier management, securing of venue and programme/scheduling.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the media, including national newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Provide support to PR initiatives involving social media such as Facebook, Twitter and relevant bloggers, incorporating new media platforms in the development, execution, monitoring and evaluation of all PR campaigns where warranted and generating social media and digital content as required.
- Proven experience of media relations, public relations or journalism obtained in a national or high profile organisation.
- Experience of devising, formulating and implementing work plans and communication strategies
- Experience of working with journalists at national or regional levels and securing significant media coverage
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a heavy workload and a flexible and positive approach to problem solving
PLEASE NOTE as much as we'd love to get back to all our candidates, due to high volume applications, if you haven't heard back from us within 7 days then you've been unsuccessful in this instance