Support Worker- Clevedon, North Somerset - 30 hours contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
This is far from a boring office job!
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to support nine adults with mixed levels of learning disability in a welcoming and homely Supported Living house in Clevedon, North Somerset. This is a permanent, part-time role for 30 hours per week.
The folks here are looking for a range of support and some are quite independent. They love going to town, shopping, visiting cafés for coffee and cake, attending the Day Centre and sometimes occasional outings to the cinema and bowling. They are a very sociable and active crowd and have no specific personal care requirements.
To find out more about the people we support within this service, please don`t hesitate to read through our informative, service-specific One Page Profiles. To view this, please click on the pink `Additional Information` button below.
Please note, this post requires sleep-ins.
If you`re looking for a boring, sitting at a desk office job, then this role isn`t for you! However, if you`re someone who is really keen on improving the lives of these lovely individuals, so they can live the life that they choose and certainly deserve, please click the pink `Apply` button below to begin the application process. We very much look forward to hearing from you!
Vacancy ID: 8545
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract