Software Developer in Test
Senior Ruby Developer in Test
Digital (StartUp - Financial) - London
Salary Up to £75,000+bonus+benefits+package
Salt are proud to be partnered with one of the finest, financial Digital Start-Up in the game, using the most ground breaking, cutting edge technologies, this company are making a lot of noise in the Digital world!!. They seek the most ambitious, creative and innovative Senior Ruby Developer in Test , to join their fast-paced, dynamic and successful London based team.
This opportunity for a Senior Ruby Developer in Test to join this award winning, global establishment provides the very best platform for any career driven individual to display their skills an influence the business in a positive manner.
The successful candidate will be involved in the most exciting Greenfield projects, using the very best of technology alongside some very talented colleagues. My client expects the ideal Senior Ruby Developer in Test , to have flawless communication skills, excellent problem solving and eye for detail along with a pro-active and innovative mindset.
In addition to the above, the suitable candidate for this particular role will need to demonstrate the following skills and requirements:
- Cucumber using Ruby and the Page Object gem
- Micro services written in Scala/Play and Node.js running in Ubuntu on EC2
- Watir Web-driver
- Thoughtworks GoCD
- Lots of AWS services
- Engage in team discussions on product features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives
- Collaborate with their Product/Development Team(s)
- Build consensus within the team on the level of detail required in acceptance criteria
- Be forthcoming in providing user experience feedback, while acknowledging the distinction between bugs, defects and suggestions for improvement
- Promotes and writes DRY code e.g. Page Object Pattern.
- Able to use tooling to aid exploratory testing
- Experience with Watir/Web-driver and Cucumber
- Be able to plan, design, prioritise and execute automated tests
- Great at communications, both written and oral
- Comfortable writing Gherkin style Acceptance Tests
- Appreciates challenges of Testing Responsive Websites
- Have demonstrated experience in a rapid (agile) development environment
- Passionate about Quality Software
- Proficient in Ruby and understanding the Ruby Eco-system
- Proficient in Git source control management
It's a plus if you also have
- The ability to design and execute service/API level tests
- Advocates the test automation triangle
- Experience coaching/mentoring others
- Advocates a 'test as early as possible' culture i.e. Shift-Left Testing
- Ability to design automated test frameworks
Within this fantastic opportunity as a Senior Ruby Developer in Test you will be required to work in a world class team, bringing innovation, enthusiasm and solid support. With your capable QA/Testing skills and with efficient communication you are expected to deliver high level data and analysis for the benefit of the business to improve process.
In addition to having an outstanding opportunity, first class training awaits the successful candidate in order for them to have the very best opportunity to progress and grow in a very exciting industry.
Please contact Charlie Emery to discuss further on (0) or