Pastry Chef - Essex - £20k - Live In Accommodation
A fantastic position has opened up for a Pastry Chef to join this 3 Star, 2 AA Rosette Hotel.
The Restaurant's food is all prepared using the finest ingredients and the Hotel has multi outlet Wedding and Function facilities.
As Pastry Chef you will be under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef and as a kitchen team member you will run a particular section in the Kitchen.
Some of the Pastry Chef's duties and responsibilities will be:-
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
The ideal Pastry Chef will come from a similar venue with a proven track record.
Accommodation is available.