Assistant Quantity Surveyor
We create places people love - places of character, designed to strengthen people's sense of belonging and build enduring value for all. We achieve this through building new homes and neighbourhoods of lasting quality. And, right now, as part of an ambitious development programme, our Countryside in Partnership team are looking to appoint an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Main responsibilities and tasks undertaken by an AQS in our Business:
- Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
- Receive initial tender information and assist in the preparation and updating of procurement programmes.
- Assist in agreeing selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
- Assist in the Preparation of Production Forecast cash flow and monitors on monthly basis also client cashflows where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for the basis of valuation with Client's Agent (eg Stage Payment Schedule, Tick Offs etc.).
- Assist on the preparation of tender evaluations, A1 and C6 accounts forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
- Assist in the preparation of contract interim and final accounts including any variations with Housing Associations.
- Assists in the agreement of subcontractor interim and final accounts including and variations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cost to completes, CV summaries and other financial information.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitors expenditure.
- Where requested by line manager liaise with contract buyer on material purchasing costs and incorporates in contract financial reports.
- Assist in the application of retention releases in accordance with relevant contract retention release clauses.
- Assist in the preparation of notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
- Assists in keeping RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Passionate about Customer Satisfaction, Housebuilding and Construction.
- Working towards or happy to undertake an appropriate Quantity Surveying Qualification.
- Keenness to acquire a sound knowledge of the building industry process and procedures including methods of measurement, contracts, reporting procedures and preparation of contractual claims.
- Strong arithmetic and mathematical skills.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- Computer literate with proven IT skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and working in pressurised situations.
In return, we offer a Rewarding Salary, performance related Bonus, progressive Career Path and a Market Leading Benefits Package. We also invest heavily in the development and training of our employees, and are passionate about our people.
If the above position has motivated you to take the next step in your career, please apply with your CV and Covering Letter. To view our other vacancies, please visit our website: www.countryside-properties.com