Senior Corporation Tax Manager - Top 25 Firm
AJ Chambers Tax Specialists have recently started working with a Top 25 Firm, who are looking for a Senior Corporation Tax Manager within their Leatherhead office. An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced candidate looking to break from the London grind, working within an award-winning firm on a distinguished client portfolio.
You will be working within the firm’s Leatherhead Corporate Tax Team, but collaborate extensively with the firm’s other specialist teams. This is a key leadership position and you will report directly into the Partner.
This is a role with a significant advisory component, with a small compliance element (at most 20% of the role). You will work with a range of clients from varied industry sectors - primarily privately owned businesses with both UK and International elements. Your key responsibility will be to develop the advisory offering for the firm’s existing client base as well as grow the firm’s portfolio, as well as nurture the firm’s assistant managers to do the same.
Key advisory projects you will work on include structuring or restructuring of corporate group’s, exit strategies, shareholder reliefs, international tax advice including coordination with our global network, employee incentives and pro-actively working with clients to ensure tax efficiencies where possible.
Key duties will include;
- Delivering services to clients to a high standard, including liaising with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Assisting colleagues with more complex enquiries and advisory work
- Supporting partners/ relationship managers as necessary
- Identifying planning and cross-selling opportunities and following up on them, including for existing clients
- Engaging in business development - e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base - to grow the firm’s client base
- Contributing to the team’s overall success as a manager and actively contributing to our ideas culture.
- Coaching/mentoring junior staff to develop their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitoring/ managing financial performance of your client portfolio in line with KPIs
- CTA qualified
- Experience of working with corporate clients at a manager level within accountancy practice
- Advisory skills and expertise
- International tax experience would be desirable, but not essential
- Proven business development and cross-selling skills
- Proven people management skills and experience
Our client offers a highly competitive remuneration package which can be further enumerated upon request.
If you require further information concerning this Senior Corporation Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers