My Client based in Peterlee is looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Assistant
Duties will include:-
- Raising and expediting purchase orders
- Checking order Confirmations
- Updating the business system with prices and product information
- Liaising with both our internal and external sales team in regards to delivery dates on projects and general orders.
- Working closely with all departments to make sure project orders are despatched on time and any shortages are known about prior to despatch
- Producing department reports on a regular basis
- Working towards tight deadlines
- Able to work well as part of a team but also work competently by themselves
- Have attention to detail and be confident speaking to a range of different people
- Strong IT skills in word, excel, outlook - (full training will be given on our in house system (Opera 3)
This is a very fast paced and highly pressurised environment, the successful candidate must be able to multitask and prioritise their workload, but also not be afraid to shout up if they are struggling and need help. You will be joining a small team who all help each other.
We will consider any background experience but you must be from / able to work in a fast paced environment. My client deal with hundreds of suppliers and thousands of product lines and work towards very tight deadlines.
The salary will be £18000-£22000 depending on experience.