Senior Accountant - Property
My client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant from the Property sector who will be responsible for all accounting, finance, tax and data processing matters for the Company.
My client is a real estate property management company based in Central London.
- To maintain proper and complete accounting records of the Company.
- To ensure that the accounts, records and transactions of the Company are accurate and correct at all times.
Safeguarding of Assets -
To implement all necessary controls to safeguard the assets of the Company and clients.
Financial Reports -
To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports of the Company and its clients.
Management Information -
- To provide financial information to management as tools for maximising profits and planning for the future.
Budgets and Forecasts -
- To review and prepare budgets and forecasts covering all activities of the Company and its clients.
Controls and Procedures -
- To set up systems, controls and procedures in respect of the Controller's areas of responsibility.
- To ensure that such systems, controls and procedures are being complied with at all times.
To liaise with internal and external auditors in compliance with the Company's requirement.
To prepare corporation tax computations for all client companies of the Company.
Statutory Accounts -
- To prepare the annual statutory accounts for all UK registered companies and year end client accounts.
Company Secretarial -
- To maintain statutory records of all client companies and ensure they are kept up to date at all times.
- To ensure that all documents are filed with the relevant authorities within the prescribed timescales.
Bank Accounts -
- To ensure that bank statements are checked on a daily basis
- To ensure that bank accounts are reconciled each month.
- To ensure that all receivables are collected with the Company's credit periods.
Accounts Payable -
- To ensure that payments are made for all goods and services on a timely basis.
- To ensure that all payments are adequately supported by documentation and properly authorised.
- To ensure all suppliers' accounts are reconciled to the companies' records on a regular basis.
- To ensure that payments and returns are made on a timely basis to HMRC in respect of value added tax.
General Ledger -
- To ensure that all revenue and expenditure are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- To ensure that all balances are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Part-qualified or Finalist (ACCA/CIMA)
- Must have property experience
- Strong excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
Between £40,000 - £50,000 + benefits