Finance Manager Part time 20 hours
Our client is an established business based in the centre of Cardiff.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to fulfill the role of Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will be responsible for a team of 5.
We are looking for someone that has experience of working in an SME and also with experience of using Sage 50. This will suit someone looking for a varied and interesting job within a small/ medium sized business and who needs the flexibility of reduced hours.
Key tasks include:
1. Monthly management accounts including 30 departmental P&L’s for Board meetings.
2. Departmental nominal postings and allocations
3. Calculations of commission payments
4. Supervising a small accounts team
5. Payroll for 80 plus employees, payroll journals, payroll queries, submitting monthly pensions calculations
6. Sales analysis including use of pivot tables and extraction of data from sales systems
7. Partial exemption VAT calculation and submission of monthly VAT returns
8. Cash flow management
9. Working with our 7 mobility retail stores to ensure processes and procedures are in place.
10. Nominal ledger and balance sheet reconciliations, actuals and pre-payment calculations
11. Year-end procedures and files for auditors
12. Management information requests, as required by the Finance Director. 13. Ensure internal controls are implemented and maintained. This is a varied hands-on role dealing with ad-hoc duties typical of working within an SME, including day to day management and control of the finance function, use of EPOS and a bespoke sales system.