Commercial Manager - Public Sector Residential Developer
A Client Side Organisation are seeking a Commercial Manager to join the Commercial function within their in house development department, made up of 20+ people in Central London. This is a newly created position within an exciting and financially stable organisation who have over 2000 residential units in their pipeline across the South-East.
Role and Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager:
Reporting into the Head of Commercial, the Commercial Managers main responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Development Managers to co-ordinate the procurement and the management of consultants and contractor framework agreements.
- Advising on contractual terms and forms of contract (JCT).
- Monitoring and reporting on financial performance, for example cash flow and revenue forecasts.
- Providing analysis on tender returns, final reports and recommendations.
- Financial limits in accordance with the delegated authority and in line with compensation framework.
- Assistant the Head of Commercial with the management of a junior surveyor.
- Quantity Surveying related degree.
- MRICS or MCIOB, ideally however not essential.
- 5+ years' experience at either a Residential Developer, Consultancy or Contractor.
- Ideally residential development experience
Salary: Up to £65k + excellent package and benefits
If you are interested or would like any further information regarding the role, please contact Alex Smith on or at
If you are considering a career move but this position is not right for you, please give Alex a call to discuss other roles which could be more suitable. Alex specialises in Quantity Surveying recruitment across Developers, Consultancies and Main Contractors, welcoming any speculative applications, permanent or contract at all levels.