Peer Networks Coordinator
We're looking for a part time Mental Health Peer Networks Coordinator in Exeter who will be responsible for supporting a number of groups that provide mutual support and friendship for people who may suffer mental health issues. . You'll help to facilitate social events and activities chose for and by the people taking part, and assist the groups to become self-supporting. This is a home-working part time (22.5 hours) role with visits to the office and to meet with people across Exeter.
The aim of the network groups is to give people the opportunity to come together, to meet new people, build friendships, support one another to empower people who may have suffered from mental health issues, social isolation, loneliness, emotional distress or lack of confidence.
As the Peer Networks Coordinator you'll;
- Effectively oversee and support the Anchors, Volunteer Peer Workers, providing professional advice and support and supervision.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of Anchors and Volunteer Peer Workers.
- Support and attend the Experience Group, acting as communication conduit between the CEO and the board.
- Enable the Networks to plan and make decisions themselves about the nature of the Network.
- Enable peer networks and support new people to access the networks.
- Develop strong and effective partnership relationships with Recovery Coordinators, Commissioners, other third sector organisations and community organisations that may benefit our members.
- Apply for funding in consultation with the CEO and provide evaluation and monitoring information to funders in a timely way.
- Work with the local authority actively to manage crisis and referral into clinical pathways. Taking responsibility for supporting and instructing staff and liaising with the CEO to manage risk.
- You'll be looking for a part-time position, have extensive experience of working with people who have mental health difficulties.
- You'll have experience of working in a recovery approach environment.
- You'll have experience of leading, motivating and developing people.
You'll be a driver with access to your own car.
Interested? To be considered please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.