Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Support
Infrastructure Specialist - Support Engineer - Technical Engineer is required by a rapidly expanding client based close to Guildford,West Surrey, paying up to £45k + on call allowance
Cloud Infrastructure Specialist will join a global team a who have an excellent technical knowledge of infrastructure technologies for multi-tenanted SaaS and Cloud environments. The Cloud Infrastructure Specialist will have experience in the following areas configuration and management of all layers including Networking, Virtualisation, Windows Domains, Linux, databases and servers in various roles. Along with good troubleshooting skills, you will have a pro-active approach to operations, maintenance and change management
Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, you will be part of the team responsible for the following areas:
- Diagnosing and fixing technical issues with infrastructure using remote and on-site tools
- Assisting with customer support issues and troubleshooting under tight SLA's
- Deploying and configuring new environments, servers and services for the on-boarding of new customers.
The Cloud Infrastructure Specialist will have hands on practical experience in the following:
- Management, configuration and maintenance of enterprise SQL environments in multi-tenanted, 24x7x365 configurations
- Operations and management of multiple VMware virtualised environments including clustered/resilient configurations, DR, monitoring, capacity planning, optimisation, scripting and orchestration.
- Management and configuration of Windows and Linux Server's in various roles and functions (IIS, AD, DNS, FSRM, SQL)
- Experience supporting and managing MS SQL
- Operations and management of different enterprise storage technologies (NAS, SAN) including optimisation for databases
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP networking in regards to servers, routers, firewalls, applications, databases and storage and experience managing and configuring FortiGate and Cisco firewalls
- Experience of configuration and release management practices and tools used in fully operational customer environments.
My client are based close to Guildford, West Surrey and looking to reward this Cloud Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Support Engineer of up to £45k + on call Allowance
If you an energetic with a genuine desire to learn about a broad range of applications, technologies and practices that make up my clients enterprise cloud, then please forward your CV to me.