European Accountant - Financial Services - £45,000
Your new company
Your new company is a market leader in their field. They are providers of motor asset finance and operate globally. There is significant progression on offer within the organisation both domestically and internationally.
Your new role
tThe duties in your new role will include :-
- Lead and support change management and new product processes within Finance including monitoring of change management documentation
- Support local accounting teams in technical accounting queries
- Lead local accounting teams with central and group reporting requirements
- Drive project management excellence in project delivery, including working closely with the local businesses, IT department and vendors
- Support local accounting teams in Europe during the month end reporting (HLV/5-3 loss statements/Comparison File)
- Define and develop mitigation activities to address identified risks and support implementation by local accounting teams in Europe and Euro Controller team
- Management of 1 employee
- Identification of, and generating proposals for, new projects where a favourable impact to the business can be quantified
- Works with internal and external auditors as directed
- Understanding and promoting our client's policy on Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Analysis of asset portfolios in existing and new structured finance transactions
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant, likely ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Expertise in IFRS reporting - Recent working knowledge
- Experience of working in a dynamic finance environment
- Experience of project management
- Advanced Excel and experience of using VBA
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Restless curiosity on analytics, process improvement
- Strong business acumen and customer focus
- Knowledge of SQL advantageous
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 dependant on your experience. You will also receive a competitive package including a great pension and holiday scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.