The chance for a motivated and commercially minded Quantity Surveyor has arisen within an established Social Housing Main contractor in the West Midlands. My client is looking to expand and deliver their services into the wider community. They are looking to win more contracts to grow their commercial portfolio.
The team that this QS will sit within has ambitious commercial growth plans for the future and have grown significantly over the past few years. Part of this role will involve commercial development and driving new business within the local area. This role will sit within an already strong Commercial team that carries out Planned and New Build Social Housing works.
The client has a focus on some new build developments and commercial growth. The firm provides high quality building maintenance, development, joinery and grounds maintenance services for a diverse portfolio of customers across the West Midlands and surrounding area.
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings;
- CVR reports for all contracts - ensuring all cost and value had been accounted for accurately
- Small tenders - from initial pricing through to final account
- Large quoted works - from initial pricing through to final account
- Collating and agreeing annual prelim payment with client
- PPP/PPV negotiations
- Creating cost saving efficiency's and putting into place working closely with the operational team
- Working closely with I.T in relation to commercial reports required and interface problems
- Day to day running of contracts - payments, valuations, client queries, subcontract orders, CVR's, etc.
- Mobilisation of new contracts
- Increasing planned works programmes/works
- Tendering of contracts with various payment methods
- Submitting client invoices and taking receipt of payments and correctly allocating
- Risk management - debt, costs, time, quality, etc
Planned maintenance and New Build for HA's.
New Build £3-23m value.
- Stafford / Birmingham / Sandwell / West Brom / Melton Mowbray / Derby
Ideally candidate to be from Coventry or Wolverhampton.
Don't want people travelling more than an hour, all site based. Office 25% of the time.
It is essential that you have had experience of working within Social Housing in a planned and New Build Social Housing environment.
- New Build experience and capital works.
- Ran Multiple projects at one time.
- Managed a team.
- Undertake valuations, Taking off, Pricing, Tendering.
- Programming, from overall project programme to detailed task scheduling, from inception to operation.
- Provide structured approach to project planning to include health and safety, execution methods and quality.
- Manage, train and develop all reporting staff.
- Previous experience within quantity surveying is essential. Ideally on planned maintenance and New Build social housing.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Professional attitude and approach to work.
- Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Someone who can hit the ground running.
- Long term solution - someone who is going to stay and commit.
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have 3-5 years recent UK experience working on QS Planned Maintenance projects.
- Due to the commercial development element of the role you will need to be outgoing and able to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Getting the best value for money on contracts.
- Liaising with contractors.
- Strong negotiating on SORs.
- Demonstrate the ability to save money on a contract.
- UK driving licence for site visits.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary up to £42k
Click the Apply or contact Charlotte Jones on or