Service Manager/ Service Delivery Manager - Cloud communications provider - Up to 65k
Service Manager/ Service Delivery Manager - VoIP and cloud communications provider
Exciting opportunity for an experience IT Service Management professional to restructure and transform the service model for a rapidly expanding, high calibre Cloud Communications & IT Service Provider. Initial responsibilities will be focused on working with senior management to transform the service model, team structures and processes, building a solid, scalable operating/service model to support ambitious growth. Ongoing responsibilities and focus will then turn to management and mentoring of the team and Service Delivery Management of clients, designing service models and transitioning into operations/services. You will also support and maintain an exceptional service model as the business grows by acquisition, integrating and restructuring teams as appropriate.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the Directors of a rapidly expanding IT and Communications Provider of approx. 45 staff, drawing on your expertise to put in place best practices and contribute to the successful growth of the business.
- Work with Senior Management to understand the business, clients/customers, operating model and ambitions, designing and implementing a new scalable ITIL aligned Service Model
- Develop and maintain the documentation of processes and procedures
- Manage a team of 16, across various functions to ensure the timely delivery of solutions and resolution of incidents in line with sometimes challenging SLA's
- Provide insight to management, reporting KPIs and trends for the service desk and provisioning teams
- Contribute to continuous improvement, working with the Senior Management team to drive Service Excellence and business success.
- Manage the major incident process from start to completion
- Supervise, support, train and mentor a team of 16 customer support/engineer staff. (line management).
- Support the business as they grow by acquisition (targeted 30% year on year), integrating and restructuring to support Service Delivery objectives.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of Service Delivery Management within SME businesses (50-200 staff), ideally having worked with IT / Communications Service Providers (essential)
- Demonstrable experience of having designed / transformed Service Delivery models (essential)
- Strong understanding of ITIL, ideally formally ITIL trained and certified (essential)
- Experience of direct line management of technical teams; performance management, appraisals, mentoring, training, hiring etc (essential)
- An exceptional customer service mindset (essential)
- A technical background is not essential, however a working knowledge of relevant technologies; VOIP, Unified Comms, Cloud Services, Virtualisation, Hosting, Networking, Storage etc would be advantageous
- An understanding and experience of Project Management is highly desirable
The position is based in modern offices in central London. Paying up to £65,000 + benefits.
Must be eligible to work in the UK.