Trainee Field Service Engineer
This dynamic, ambitious and growing company with a strong IT / engineering base and unique technology are looking for Field Service Engineers.
Please note, overtime is paid during the week and at weekends if you are required to work, along with allowances for food if, on the odd occasion you are working away.
There is also an annual bonus paid on performance of individual and company.
Full training will be given to enhance your existing technical knowledge.
As a Field Service Engineer you will be part of the Engineering team based in the Chiswick area which undertakes production and development of the product and looks after the installation, maintenance and support of their fleet of machines, which are sold in the UK and through distribution partners around the world.
This is such a fantastic opportunity as this organization are growing rapidly and offer a great career path.
You must be able to work efficiently and independently, often on customers’ sites, therefore you must be a good communicator.
You also need to be highly organised, and have the ability to plan tasks and time effectively.
Having a methodical approach to completing tasks is paramount for this position, and able to display a strong sense of initiative and self motivation is paramount.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Ensure that machines are deployed and maintained in the best possible state, maximising customer satisfaction and minimising maintenance visits
- Carry out routine maintenance, installation activities etc for the fleet of machines across the UK, which are primarily around London
- When based at Head Office and in times where there are no outstanding calls, work in the warehouse or at other sites to assemble, update and refurbish machines for sale or deployment
- Ensure customer and partner technical support requests are handled as part of the office team.
- At least 1 years mechanical and/or electrical experience, ideally within a field service engineer role though not essential
- Possibly have (though not essential) completed a mechanical and/or electrical apprenticeship or higher education or studied at higher education
- Be Mechanically/Electrically-minded (able to take products apart and reassemble them; understand how they work)
- Good at problem solving and an analytical thinker
- Numerical with good IT skills essential (including use of a spreadsheet package)
- Good written and verbal communications
- Keen interest in technology - especially around mobile
- Driver’s licence considered favourably
This really is a super company offering superb future for candidates. Excellent company benefits, including annual bonus, overtime etc. Immediate vacancy.