Event Venue Sourcing Manager
Arena International, part of Global Data, runs over 80 international conferences and forums every year, with a thriving programme that is always expanding. Our portfolio spans numerous industry sectors and geographical regions.
Due to growth and expansion an exciting role to collate and manage all event sourcing activity for this fast paced international events company.
- Go to market and source suitable venues, negotiating as you go to obtain best price and quality.
- Manage proposals and negotiate with suppliers to suit the businesses needs.
- Advise on the best option for business considering both quality/suitability and commercial factors
- Negotiate commission and cost reductions ensuring that events are kept within company budget
- Build relationship with key venues in UK/Americas/Asia to drive down overall spend and negotiate the best rates
- Make the "final deal" calls to drive down costs further
- Manage the relevant administration processes
Skills & Competencies:
- 2 + years events management experience with clear and demonstrable experience of sourcing venues
- Methodical approach to work with good project and time management skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to use excel to interpret complex financial information
- Show good initiative/communication skills specifically telephone techniques - including ability to interpret commercial requirements and negotiation
- Confident/friendly personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face when meeting clients
- Experience in checking legal contracts
- Industry working knowledge and experience - eg. Event manager, agency background and/or hotel conference office/reservations/hotel experience
- Stakeholder management Experience
- Excellent time management and organisation - demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects at once
- £23,000 - £33,000 Depending On Experience
- Company Pension Contributions
- 20 + Days Holidays
Applicants must be results orientated and driven to succeed