Sous Chef - River Cottage, Bristol - £24,000 plus tips.
River Cottage Bristol is looking for a highly organised and reliable Sous Chef who is passionate about producing food to a high standard using fresh, locally sourced produce & be an enthusiastic leader of the team.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential, with an appreciation of the importance of making sure our guests truly enjoy the best of what our great produce has to offer.
Passion is the key to our success, so we want our Chefs to be enthusiastic about our food, our ethos and everything we do! You’ll be working with high quality regional produce and suppliers and need to be able to help deliver menus that take advantage of this. Our restaurant and kitchen can both be busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services at key times.
We require our Sous Chef to:
• Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen operation whenever the Head Chef is absent.
• Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef’s directions.
• Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
• Minimise wastage through stock control and menu development
• Ensure that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
• Maintain GP through consultation with the Head Chef and via accurate calculation of dish gross profit margins
• Ensure all delivery notes and invoices are processed correctly, emails and other correspondence are dealt with professionally and promptly.
Skills and experience
• Proven experience working in a busy kitchen with a quality food offering.
• A strong team ethic - able to develop, inspire and motivate a brigade of chefs.
• Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
What do we offer?
* A competitive salary plus shared service charge
* Free meals on split shifts
* Laundered uniform
* Discounted River Cottage courses at Park Farm
* Holiday entitlement
* Discounts at all our restaurants
* A range of training and development opportunities
We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression.
Who are we?
Sitting at the top of Whiteladies road, River Cottage Bristol is one of three restaurants linked to Park Farm & Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. In a former church hall, spread over two floors with a private dining room we are truly unique in Bristol.
We are proud of our obsessive commitment to sustainable, locally sourced, organic & high welfare produce.
River Cottage canteen Bristol is searching for a team dedicated to breaking the norm, we share success together, help each other and respect everyone's position.
So if you like what you have read, and are ready for a new challenge, then please get in touch and send your CV.